MBA Admissions Requirements and Checklist
Ready to apply? Let us help you through the process with the following steps. Please note that you do not have to complete all steps to begin your application process at the University of Kentucky.
- Step 1
- Complete the online Graduate School Application. Submit the application fee directly to through Graduate School through the online application.
- Step 2
- Have your official GMAT or GRE Score sent to the university of Kentucky (School code = 1837). Admission decisions may be based, in part, on unofficial scores, but official scores are required prior to full admitted status. The GRE or GMAT exam may be waived by the MBA Admission Committee if the applicant has either been awarded a degree in Law, Medicine or Pharmacy Doctorate, or presently enrolled (in good standing) in such programs.
- Step 3
- Submit your official transcripts from all undergraduate institutions attended through the Graduate School Application (preferred) or sent to the MBA Office. Applications applicants should possess a four-year undergraduate degree (or its equivalent) with a minimum cumulative grade point average (GPA) of 2.75/4.0.
- Step 4
- Submit one letter of recommendation from an individual (e.g., professors, current or former supervisors, etc.) who is able to objectively assess the quality of your character, your capabilities and accomplishments, and your overall potential as an MBA student and future business leader.
- Step 5
- Submit your current resume.
English Language Proficiency : International students (with the exception of those who hold a degree from a U.S. institution of higher education) must submit the official results of the TOEFL (Test of English as a Foreign Language) with an overall minimum score of 550 (written exam) or 213 (computer exam), and the Test of Written English (TWE) with a score of 4.5 or higher. International students can also submit the official results of the IBT (Internet Based Test) for the TOEFL with a minimum score of 79 or the IELTS (International English Language Testing System) with a minimum total score of 6.5.
Please submit all application materials to:
105 Gatton College of Business & Economics Building
University Of Kentucky
Lexington, KY 40506-0034
Phone: (859) 257-1306